Family Learning – Parenting Support Summer Term
As the Spring Term comes to a close, Family Learning are already planning for the summer term and their new programme of free courses and workshops is open now.
Family Learning, part of Surrey Adult Learning, offers free support to parents and carers, including grandparents, who lack confidence to support their children. It has been a stressful year for all, but as we follow the government roadmap out of lockdown many parents/carers will be looking for ways to support their children’s development, learning and wellbeing.
These parenting courses provide vital support in helping parents understand their children’s behaviour, how to manage their child’s anxieties and their own stress. The wellness courses are supplemented by a range of practical educational support courses to help parents/carers understand the school system and curriculum. From ‘How to be a Times Table Rock Star’ to ‘Reading with your child’.
Family Learning have supported over 400 families this year!
Parents share what Family Learning courses mean for them.
They surveyed parents at the end of their course and here’s what some of them said to us from this term:
- I learned how to promote my child’s self-confidence and deal with situations calmly.
- We talk more! We started a nightly routine by telling each other our ‘good and bad’ for the day.
- I’ve been given a lot of tools for dealing with my children’s behaviour when it’s challenging.
- Amazing tutor, making it fun and understandable. Now I know how to assist my son in Y2 maths and my younger one, starting reception next year. Thank you.
- I have learnt a lot about the education system in the UK and how I can help my child.
All Family Learning courses are free to attend. Currently being held online via Zoom due to COVID-19.
These maths, english, parenting, and wellbeing courses offer families support to be able to help their children with school, homework, and behaviour issues.
There are also courses for EAL parents/carers.
Course enrolment details:
Online – surreycc-familylearning
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call – 0300 200 1044